Mustang is located in the hinterland of Nepal, along the border with Tibet, and full of rugged barren mountains, deep canyons, eroded cliffs and Moraine valleys. On this hike, you'll experience a stupendous wilderness, one with pristine high desert mountain scenery, snow capped peaks, spectacular 16th century monasteries and many other unique sights. The view of wind swept Kali-Gandaki valley, vast spaces around Kagbeni and vast ridges that straggle high mountains provide a mind-blowing experience.
Nepal's Mustang region preserves a life almost unchanged for centuries. It lies hidden behind the Himalayan giants of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna at the very roof of Asia on the arid Tibetan plateau. It has long been isolated from the outside world (and only opened to trekking groups since 1992!). As you make your way through this secluded land, you'll pass brightly painted chortens (Buddhist shrines) and tiny villages guarded by enormous monasteries. Vistas include unusual and arresting views of the snow-covered Himalaya to the south, and desolate high plateaus, deep canyons, and an ocean of windswept hills the colors of a desert sunset to the north. Once at the walled capital city of Lo Manthang, you'll absorb a great sense of timelessness and appreciation for an ancient culture as you discover the ruins of old forts, monasteries rich in art and history, and caves replete with magnificent religious statues.
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 01: Arriving at TIA Airport Nepal, transfer to Hotel
Day 02: Preparing day and Kathmandu Sightseeing
Day 03: Flight to pokhara
Day 04: Flight to jomsom N trek to Kagbeni
Day 05: Trek to Chuksang
Day 06: Trek to Samar
Day 07: Trek to Gelling ( Via Chungsi gompa )
Day 08: Trek to Tsharang
Day 09: Trek to Lomanthang
Day 10: Lomanthang ; Visit eastern and western valley Chokser, Chonup,Namgyal ETC.
Day 11: Trek to Dakmar via Ghar gompa
Day 12: Trek to Syangmochen
Day 13: Trek to Chuksang
Day 14: Trek to Muktinath
Day 15: Trek to Jomsom
Day 16: Flight to Kathmandu by Pokhara.
Day 17: Free at Kathmandu.
Day 18: Flight back to your own destination.
- 2 nights hotel in Kathmandu 3 star bed & breakfast
- 1 night hotel in Pokhara Bed and breakfast
- Flight Kathmandu - Pokhara - Jomsom - Pokhara - Kathmandu
- Fully camping trek with meal, guide, sherpas, porters, cook etc
- 2 men tent, dining tent, table & seating chair, toilet tent
- Necessary Kitchen equipment
- Annapurna Conservation fee
- Transportation of staff & equipment
- 1 guide, and 1 porter per 2 participants, including porter's salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transportation, and insurance
- Staff flight Pokhara - Jomsom - Pokhara
- Domestic airport tax
- Insurance & clothing for trekking staff
- Air port /hotel/airport transfer
- 1 full day sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu - Pokhara Deluxe Air-Condition bus
- Our Service Charge and all government taxes
- All expenses of personal nature
- Personal travel insurance
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu & Pokhara
- Helicopter rescue incase needed
- Medicine as well as in trekking
- International airport taxes…
- Tips for staff
- Laundry, phone calls