Mani Rimdu Trek is one of the most fascinating High Himalayan Buddhist festivals observed every year, usually in November (date fixed by lunar calendar). Tengboche, the world's highest monastery located in Solu Khumbu district of Nepal, is the focal point for the celebration of this festival. The main attraction of this festival is the various masked dances of religious significance. In this trek you are given opportunity to observe and attend this highly popular Himalayan festival in Tengboche monastery. We spend three nights at Tengboche for thoroughly witness this festival and back to Lukla via Namche bazaar, considered as the capital of Sherpa land.
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 01: Upon arrival in Kathmandu international airport transfer to the hotel. Orientation of the trip. O/n at hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley. O/n at hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2710m). Then trek to Phakding (2650m). O/n at mountain Lodge.
Day 04: Phakding / Namche Bazaar(3440m).O/n in mountain lodge.
Day 05: Day for acclimatization in Namche Bazaar. Optional day hike to Syangboche and Khumjung Village (3780m). O/n in mountain lodge.
Day 06: Namche Bazaar / Tengboche monastery(3860m). O/n in mountain lodge.
Day 7-10: Observe the festival at Tengboche monastery. O/n in mountains lodge.
Day 11: Tengboche / Namche Bazaar. O/n in mountain lodge.
Day 12: Namche Bazaar /Lukla. O/n in mountain lodge.
Day 13: Fly back to Kathmandu (1310m. Then transfer to the hotel. Rest of the time free.O/n at hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 14: Full day in free. Evening fare well dinner at typical Nepali restaurant with folk dances.
O/n at hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 15: Transfer to the Tribhuvan international airport for final departure.
- Airport/Hotel/Airport pick up and transfer by private car/van.
- 3 nights accommodation in twin bed sharing basis with breakfast at standard hotel in Kathmandu.
- Sightseeing trip as per above mentioned itinerary.
- Round Trip flight ticket from KTM-LUKLA-KTM and airport tax.
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot water during the trek.
- Lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek.
- 1 experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples), their food & accommodation, salary, equipments & insurance.
- All transportation by private vehicle.
- Sagarmatha National Park Permit.
- All necessary permits.
- First Aid Medical Kit box.
- Tourist service charge,
- Office Service charge
- All Government Tax.
- Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
- Travel insurance (if you want us to arrange your travel insurance, we would greatly be happy to assist).
- International air fare to and from Nepal.
- Nepal Tourist Visa fee.
- Items and expenses of personal nature.
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, internet.
- Personal Trekking Equipments like sleeping bags, jackets (can all be hired in KTM)