Manaslu Larkya Pass Trek which cuts behind the Manaslu Massif is one of the areas recently opened to trekking and this trek offers some of the finest trekking in the Himalayan wilderness.Starting a scenic drive to Gorkha Royal Palace (former capital of the Shah Dynasty) or direct drive to Aurughat, you then trek up the wild Buri Gandaki River, through rough gorges sliced between Himalchuli (7890m) and Ganesh himal (7429m).
The trails are steep but your first sight of the classic peak of Manaslu (8165 m) dissolves the fatigue and the Buddhist prayer flags and Chortens seem to offer spiritual support as you climb towards your goal Larkya La Pass (5153m). The views of Manaslu and the neighboring peaks are worth the effort, and time is spent on the pass taking photos or just preserving the scene in your mind's eye.
A steep descent into the Marsyangdi valley is rewarded with a delightful walk back along the river through small villages and across Crystal Rivers to Besisahar..
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Katmandu (1,310m/4,298ft)
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley
Day 03: Drive to Arughat (700m/2,297ft)
Day 04: Trek to Sati Khola (815m/7,533ft)
Day 05: Trek to Labu Besi (900m/2,952ft)
Day 06: Trek to Jagat (1,250m/4,101ft)
Day 07: Trek to Ngyak (1,950m/6,397ft)
Day 08: Trek to Ghap (2,050m/6,725ft)
Day 09: Trek to Lho (3,148m/22,063ft)
Day 10: Trek to Samagompa (3,517m/72,385ft)
Day 11: Trek to Samdo (3,738m/12,263ft)
Day 12: Trek to Dharamashala (4,480m/14,698ft)
Day 13: Rest and acclimatization.
Day 14: Larkya La pass (5,213m/17,103ft), and trek down to Bhimtang (3,890m/12,762ft)
Day 15: Trek to Tilje (3,010m/9,875ft)
Day 16: Trek to Tal (1,725m/5,659ft)
Day 17: Trek to Syange (1,175m/3,854ft)
Day 18: Trek to Besi Sahar (8,25m/2,706ft).
Day 19: Return Kathmandu
Day 20: Departure
- 2 night Accommodations in Kathmandu at three star standard hotel including Breakfast
- Three time food (breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) with Tea or Coffee during the Trekking
- Accommodation during the trip on sharing basis
- Guide, assistant guide and porter’s wages, food, accommodation and insurance on Trekking.
- Transfer by reserved four wheel drive KTM/Arughat, Local Jeep from Shyange to Besisahar and Reserved Car, Van, Jeep or Bus to Kathmandu
- Conservation and TIMS cards Fee
- Manaslu restricted area permit
- Airport Transfer
- Guide and transfer for city sightseeing
- Lunch and Dinner at Kathmandu
- Nepali Visa fees.
- Travel insurance emergency evacuation and personal medical expenses.
- Any donation along the trail and anything that not mentioned above
- Entrance fee for city sight seeing
- Rescue operation charge
- International airfare to and from kathmandu
- Tips for supporting staff and etc