The Manaslu Expedition has become one of the more popular but still arduous mountaineering destinations. Manaslu (also known as Kutang, meaning flat place!) is the eighth highest mountain in the world. The mountain can be approached from various sides but most attempt it from Samagaon along the Budhi Gandaki valley. The name was later changed to Manaslu, derived from the Sanskrit word Manasa, and can be translated as 'Mountain of the Spirit'.
The first ascent of this peak was in 1956, by T. Imanishi and Gyalzen Norbu on a Japanese expedition. The peak was not climbed again until 1971, when another Japanese team made the second ascent. In 1997 Charlie Mace made the first American ascent. There are half a dozen established routes on the mountain today, but the south face is arguably the toughest. Roughly one in five climbers have perished on this peak, making it the 4th most dangerous 8000m peak, behind Annapurna, Nanga Parbat and K2.
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu and Transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Manaslu expedition preparation & Cultural tour, Hotel
Day 03: Drive to Arughat, Lodge
Day 04: Drive to Sotikhola, Camping/Lodge
Day 05: Trek to Machha khola, Camping/Lodge
Day 06: Trek to Jagat, Camping/Lodge
Day 07: Trek to Philim, Camping/Lodge
Day 08: Trek to Deng, Camping/Lodge
Day 09: Trek to Ghap, Camping/Lodge
Day 10: Trek to Lho village, Camping/Lodge
Day 11: Trek to Sama Goan (Ro), Camping
Day 12: Rest Day in Sama Goan, Camping
Day 13: Trek to Manaslu Base Camp, Camping
Day 14-41: Climbing Period for Manaslu (8163m.), Camping
Day 42: Trek back to Sama Goan after the Manaslu expedition, Camping
Day 43-47: Trek back to Arughat, Lodge
Day 48: Drive back to Kathmandu, Hotel
Day 49: Free Day (Rest Day) in Kathmandu, Hotel
Day 50: Manaslu Expedition Ends/ Airport transfer for final departure
- All arrival and departure transfers to and from Airport both domestic and international.
- Assistance in airport with its representative.
- 4 Nights Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu 2 Nights in Pokhara on BB Plan.
- Kathmandu Sotikhola Private transfer services.
- 1:1 Experienced private climbing Sherpa guide during trek and climb.
- All surface transport to Lete via Pokhara and back to Kathmandu as per itinerary.
- All camping equipments like camp furniture (table, chairs), kitchenware, kitchen, dining, guest and toilet tents in Advance Base Camp.
- Three meals a day (BLD-tea-coffee) and twin sharing teahouse accommodation during trek, freshly cooked 3 meals, tea or coffee by Snowy professional cook in Base Camp.
- Baggage allowance for trekking up and down is 60kg: 50kg ration per person.
- Manaslu Conservation entry fee.
- TIMS card (Trekker’s Information Management System).
- Expedition royalty and climbing permit for climbing Annapurna.
- 3 Oxygen bottles (4L) for climbing member and 2 for Sherpa
- Official Liaison Officer fully paid and equipped.
- Wages, equipments, medical and accidental Insurances for Sherpa guide and other staffs.
- Required base camp and high altitude food for climbing member and all involved staffs.
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during climbing period.
- Emergency Oxygen mask and regulator upon requirement of guest with reliable charge.
- Each expedition member will have an individual tent in the ABC.
- Solar panel for light and battery charger in Base Camp.
- All tents for camp 1, 2 and 3. Ice fall charges.
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Free assistance service for cargo and duty clearance.
- Our service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal.
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket date change or reconfirmation and visa extension procedure assistance (where necessary).
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with culture show in Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Travel insurance
- Personal trekking equipment
- International airfares and departure tax
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- All alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks …
- Sweets, such as chocolate and dessert
- Hot showers during the trek
- Tips for guides & porters