Gokyo Lakes trek less busy than the Everest Base Camp Trek, this trek in the Everest region boasts a 360-degree view of the Himalayas which is not possible at the base camp of Everest. From an ultimate Himalayan vantage point at an altitude of 5,360 metres, you will access stunning mountain vistas featuring four of the world’s highest mountains standing like gargantuan beasts guarding the border into Tibet in addition to a series of beautiful turquoise lakes and a majestic glacier which will take your breath away.
On this 09-day trek you will visit the famous Buddhist Monastery at Tyanboche which has been restored after being destroyed by fire in 1989. Tyangboche is surrounded by some of the most beautiful mountainous scenery in the world and majestically towering above is Ama Dablam. Here your efforts will be truly rewarded as your experienced and knowledgeable guide points out the classic routes to the summit of Mount Everest. You will visit the famous school that was built and funded by Sir Edmund Hillary. As you ascend higher to our destination of Gokyo you pass a series of 3 high altitude blue lakes which will take your breath away with their beauty. On our descent you return to your final destination of Lukla for the traditional end of trek party and a spectacular return flight to Kathmandu This trip is truly an adventure to remember.
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival to Kathmandu and Transfer to hotel (overnight in hotel).
Day 02: Fly to Lukla (2840m/9318ft) and trek to Phakding (2610m/8563ft).
Day 03: Trek from Phakding (2610m/8563ft) to Namchey (3440m/11286ft).
Day 04: Rest in Namche (3440m/11286ft) for acclimatisation.
Day 05: Trek from Namche (3440m/11286ft) to Machermo (4470m/14665ft).
Day 06: Trek from Machermo (4470m/14665ft) to Gokyo lake (4790m/15715ft).
Day 07: Trek in the morning to Gokyo Ridge (5360/17585ft). Upon return, have breakfast and trek to Machermo or Luza.
Day 08: Trek from Machermo ( 4470m/14665ft) to Namche (3440m/11286ft).
Day 09: Trek from Namche (3440m/11286ft) to Lukla (2840m/9318ft).
Day 10: Fly to Kathmandu. Afternoon free for sightseeing and shopping.
Day 11: Free day for sightseeing and shopping.
Day 12: Final Departure.
- Pick-up and drop off at Kathmandu Airport
- 3 nights accommodation in a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner while on the trek
- All necessary paper work and national park entry permits
- Domestic flights to Lukla from Kathmandu and back
- Accommodations in lodges or tea houses during the trek
- Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS)
- 1 guide, and 1 porter per 2 participants, including porter's salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transportation, and insurance
- All ground transportation
- Medical supplies and first aid kit
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Travel insurance
- Personal trekking equipment
- International airfares and departure tax
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- All alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks …
- Sweets, such as chocolate and dessert
- Hot showers during the trek
- Tips for guides & porters