Khayer Lake is key attraction of this area except and trail to this trek is mainly dominated by the colorful rhododendron forest, which blooms in spring. The area holds two big festivals every year. All the locales gather together on the top of the ridge (Khopra Hill) twice a year (once in the month of March-April and another in the months of July-August). In the first case the locales slain Yak and drink the blood while it is hot as well as the perfect treatment for any kind of illness. On the occasion of sacred-thread replacement day (Full Moon of August), people believe that will be fulfill their wishes after visit this Lake. People also believe that to touch in the water of Khayar Lake, they will be salvation after death. Likewise, the married barren women came here to ask for the fertility of their wombs. This trekking area with mixed of culture and excellent Himalayan scenery including Mt. Dhaulagiri, Annapurna I, Annapurna II, Anapurna III, Annapurna south, Machhapuchhare, Hiunchuli, Lamjung Himal, Tukuche peak,Nilgiri etc.
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport (1345m)
Day 02: Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley.
Day 03: Kathmandu - Pokhara – Australia Camp.
Day 04: Australia Camp - Landrung.
Day 05: Landrung – Ghandrung.
Day 06: Ghandrung – Tadapani
Day 07: Tadapani - Dobato
Day 08: Dobato – Kristibung
Day 09: Kristibung - Khopra Phedi
Day 10: Explore around Khaiyar Lake
Day 11: Khaiyar Lake - Swntha.
- Pick-up and drop off at Kathmandu Airport
- 2 nights accommodation in a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner while on the trek
- All necessary paper work and national park entry permits
- Transportation Kathmandu to Pokhara and back
- Transportation Pokhara to Australia Camp and back to Pokhara
- Accommodations in lodges or tea houses during the trek
- Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS)
- 1 guide, and 1 porter per 2 participants, including porter's salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transportation, and insurance
- All ground transportation
- Medical supplies and first aid kit
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Travel insurance
- Personal trekking equipment
- International airfares and departure tax
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- All alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks …
- Sweets, such as chocolate and dessert
- Hot showers during the trek
- Tips for guides & porters